Monday, August 4, 2014

Fantasy Sword Designs

 


Here are some design ideas I did a few months ago for a personal project I'm working on. I wanted to show that these swords came from different kingdoms and races, so I used little visual cues to mirror their respective wielder.

There are three major regions in this world: the mountains, the forest, and the valley. Each region has a large, governing kingdom and an equally evil antagonist kingdom: a battle rages between the Griffin King and the Dragon Lord in the valley of men; the Elves of the forest use their magic against the evil onslaught of the Necromancer and his Hollow Knights; while the Dwarves of the mountains have a Goblin horde raiding their treasure vaults. Other smaller factions and characters will make an appearance as well.




Whatever kind of media this idea becomes, I feel its best qualified for a classic RPG video game.

For the pixel art I started with a basic sword from the game "Minecraft" and went off from there. The style is reminiscent of classic SNES fantasy role-playing games like "Legend of Zelda" and "Chrono Trigger." I have a lot more ideas for this fantasy kingdom, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment