Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Photography

Here are a few samples of my work from photography class last semester. I used a Nikon N90 with a 50mm lens while shooting.
























I also experimented with overlays. In this first image below, I placed a dryer sheet over the photo paper while exposing the image. It gives it a home-made, cracked paper texture. This other image of my little brother was done by simply placing one negative over another.













For our final project we were asked to do a series of images with a common theme and aesthetic. I chose bicycles as my theme, and I focused each image on a single part of the bike, making them more mysterious. The black and white images really bring out the grime and wear against the shine on the metallic parts of the bicycle.





1 comment:

  1. The one with Nick is like Jekyll and Hyde

    ReplyDelete