Monday, December 13, 2010

3D Modeling and Animation















Took a 3D course this semester. Spent a lot of time modeling various objects and characters and I thought this environment was worth sharing. Everything you see here was built using Cinema 4D.

Our assignment was to create an animation using the camera tool. I took a previous project where I had to create two rooms that were connected by some kind of staircase. I've always been a fan of the Myst series, so I wanted to do something that was similar to the flybys and trucking shots from those games.

I was really satisfied with the spiral staircase. If I had more time I might have smoothed out the camera rotation in the animation. I learned a great deal about materials and modeling, and the camera tool was not much different from the one in After Effects.

The animation took FOREVER to render. If I ever take on a project like this again I'm going to limit myself to no more than 1000fps. I hope you all enjoy, and don't forget to watch the video in HD!

No comments:

Post a Comment