Saturday, December 11, 2010

Four Paintings






















Hey everyone! Got lots of new stuff just in time for Christmas! Spent a lot of time this semester painting people and things around our dairy farm. I had a great time doing these and learned a great deal more about color and value. Special thanks to my drawing and painting instructor Ray Bonilla who offered and demonstrated some great pointers and inspiration.

























I also did a painting of my grandfather. This was a difficult image to do based on the lighting, and I still think I could go back and fix this up a little (perhaps digitally). But I like a challenge and I really wanted to paint this photo I had taken last summer. I'm not much of a traditional painter, but the same techniques and rules still apply, so I spent a lot of my time trying to find the right values and reworking the way I thought about light and color.







No comments:

Post a Comment